





Today I shall write about what happened from 10 - 13 March.
I kept a journal during the whole Supernumerary course.
Some background info,
the total strength of the course is 186 from 122 schools in Singapore.
I was in Bravo Coy, Platoon 1, Section 1.
Weijing was in Alpha Coy, Platoon 1, Section 2.
Feeling quite sian. Reached Amoy Quee at around 7am.
Then go in and stone for veh veh long.
Until around 9am then actually start to remember our existence.
Anyway the journal starts from after lunch.
Enjoy!
Disclaimer: everything is EXACTLY what I wrote in my notepad.
The format will be
(time)/(venue)/(attire)/(other random stuff)
So it starts now.
Day 1
1242hrs/ canteen/ No.4/ raining
- just finished lunch
- beret of everyone in my section not standardised.. some in pocket, some on empaulette..
- going to change into half-u
- received supernumerary t-shirt
1310hrs/ MPH/ Half-U/ raining lightly
- people around being interviewed for the first time
- feeling a bit nervous
- did a bit of saikang of washing toilet -.-
- waiting for RSM(NCC) to come
1328hrs/ MPH/ Half-U/ raining
- going to be my turn soon I guess
- practising PDS main performance for affirmation 08 =D
- reminded of the training held back in school
- wonder how they are doing.. hmm..
1348hrs/ MPH/ Half-U/ raining
- finished interview, asked me 3 words to describe myself.
- I said, optimistic, caring and playful. =D not too sure if really true.
- also asked the reason for me to be at the course
- still waiting for RSM
- played lame game of telephone (passing a message from 1 end to another) -.-
1354hrs
- stil waiting...
1406hrs
- OIC Alvin Goh appeared and 2IC Khairul too.
- told us to reply wazzzzzuuup whenever Alvin called course
- told us to reply bagggguuus whenever Khairul called course
1517hrs/ MPH/ Half-U/ raining
- 5mins break after presentation by RSM on managing parades and ceremonies
1524hrs/ MPH/ Half-U/ raining
- 7mins passed, waiting for break to end
1528hrs
- still waiting for break to end
1530hrs
- finally break ends
- but RSM got phone call, so continue breaking
1533hrs (5mins break extended to 16mins break -.-)
- start of Drill Instructor presentation
1556hrs
- presentation on Parade Symbols
1655hrs/ Upper Parade Square/ Half-U/ raining
- water break to drills - 3mins
1720hrs/ MPH/ Half-U/ raining
- drenched
- whole beret wet..
- learnt forming up to formal drill session
1730hrs/ MPH/ Half-U
- starting lesson on Supernumerary.
1742hrs
- lesson on visioning
1808hrs
- end of lesson for AAR
- almost falling asleep
1812hrs
- waiting to do pull-ups
- only needed to do 10, so I did 10
- a lot of people could not do even 5..
1846hrs/ canteen/ Half-U
- waiting for dinner
1925hrs/ canteen/ Half-U
- after dinner, now stoning..
- waiting for something but no one seems to know what it is..
1940hrs/ Bunk/ Half-U/ raining
-bathing/admin time
-walked in the rain from MPH to Bunk..
-beret wet more..
1954hrs/ Bunk/ Half-U/ still raining
- admin time until 2045hrs.
- then after that is BBC inspection (bunk bed cupboard)
- sianz.. 3 more days to go..
(this is exactly what I wrote at that time on the paper)
I have a feeling of indescribable desire to slack and go home. Thinking about staying 3 more days.. haiz.. I want to do PDS….
performance training… with my part and part cs =)
Don’t think I can get an award.. at the rate that I am going… Haizz.. endure…
3 more days leh… 3 MORE DAYS LEH.. Argh! >.<
I feel so alone and isolated.. wonder how weilong and gang did... Jiayou performers!!
I will carry on… endure through ba!
time check 2002hr.. will do reflection of day 1 later.. maybe at 2010hrs bye =)
reflections:
- I think a lot of time wasted.
- supersianz
- tml must be better! experience is good!
- for honour and glory
- for hcincc
- for my unit
- for partc08
- for affirmation08
- for my brothers
- for myself
- I must do it!
2249hrs/ Bunk/ PT Kit
- preparing for lights out
- just had bunk inspection.. nothing much.. a bit of shouting only..
2255hrs
- finished darkening my boots…
- tml morning pt.. hope to be noticed..
Weijing Jiayou! Endure!
I said I would be optimistic, so I shall be!
I miss training with part cs and bs.
I miss civilization..
the journal is the only way I can express my feeling in an ‘intellectual’ way.
2259hrs
- slping time! gd nite!
Day 1 rating 1/5 =(
Day 2
0523hrs
- just woke up
- later got PT
0628hrs
- stayed in bunk because it rained during warm up
- met jingkai and yujie a few mins ago, cuz they going for endau rompin
0632hrs/ Bunk/ Half-U
- changing
0711hrs/ Canteen/ Half-U
- having breakfast
- it was beehoon, super oily can see 1 layer of oil at the bottom of the styrofoam box..
0715hrs
- preparing for marching drills and footdrills
0750hrs/ Bunk/ Half-U/ fine weather
- still preparing.. -.- very sianz later got drills
- gonna cheer commando!
- 2 more nights
0804hrs
- jiayou! =)
0824hrs/ MPH/ Half-U
- preparing for lecture by RSM
- don’t’ know when’s marching and footdrills
0857hrs
- end of lesson
- drills now
0902hrs
- I think they don’t know what to do, so tell us to rest and sleep at MPH, LOL
0907hrs
- smsed weilong about the pds training
1010hrs
- water break, finished marching drills
1137hrs
- changed I/C, but not to me..
- finished foot drills
- Bravo 1 section 1 was super slack…
1140hrs/ MPH/ Half-U
- waiting for RSM to give another lecture then lunch
1143hrs
- lesson start, a bit sian but getting better..
1204hrs
- questions posed to RSM by some people
- whether we can wear long 4 and go home
- whether we can wear long 4 after 6pm
THE ANSWER IS YES.
we are NCC not SAF, so we can.
RSM said those SAF people who catch us got ego problem.
1215hrs
- waiting for pull-ups
- realized got 3 people in my platoon are Part Cs o.o
1235hrs/ canteen/ Half-U
- waiting for lunch
- it was spaghetti and chicken, nicest meal so far =)
1310hrs
- finished lunch and my platoon was duty platoon
1329hrs/ MPH/ Half-U
- waiting for RSM to talk about leadership
1334hrs
- start of lesson
1450hrs
- lesson part 1 over
- 10 min break
- after the leadership is sword and colours lesson
1503hrs
- still waiting for break to end
1512hrs
- still waiting for break to end..
- 22mins break already -.-
1515hrs
- break finally over..
- theory lesson starting..
1534hrs
- people cannot count, they don’t know 2.2kg + 900g = to wad
- damn lame.. -.-
1659hrs/ canteen/ Half-U/ raining
- just having break after practicing slow march
- introduced orange squeeze and butter spread
- means if the sir shout orange we squeeze and butter we spread
1726hrs
- just finished 10 pull-ups
1739hrs/ canteen/ Half-U
- waiting for dinner
- now stoning..
1748hrs
- eating dinner
- got mango pudding for dessert
1810hrs/ BLK 246/ Half-U/ drizzling very slightly
- given time to bathe! =)
- until 1900hrs, no other platoon around so we got the whole place to ourselves
1824hrs/ bunk/ PT Kit/ rain stopped
- waiting for 1900hrs
- waiting for cohesion night later
1832hrs
- day 2 passing so quickly =)
- endure jiayou
wonder how Part Cs did today..
1851hrs
- preparing for cohesion night
1959hrs/ canteen/ PT Kit
- practicing for cohesion night, damn lame!
- we doing 2 advertisement
- the M1 india 1 and the Fedex Mr. Zhang
2020hrs
- sitting in a circle at canteen talking lame jokes..
- super slack as well
- waiting for cohesion night
2033hrs
- waiting for cohesion night
- jiayou
2041hrs/ MPH/ PT Kit
- got 1 KP sir come and spoil the mood for cohesion night -.-
2143hrs
- just did our performance
- it was the fifth
- 1st is bravo 2 then A1 B3 A3 then us
2156hrs
- trainers performance
2205hrs/ MPH/ PT Kit
- end of cohesion night
- 2 days gone 2 more days to go!
2217hr/ canteen/ PT Kit
- supper/ night snack
- jus bread.. LOL
2223hrs
- end of supper
2232hrs/ BLK 246/ PT Kit
- going to do peer appraisal
- so cool LOL
2253hrs/ bunk/ PT Kit
- preparing for lights out
- tomorrow got sword and rifle drill
- adc theory test
- Jiayou
- hope weijing gets award! Jiayou
- 1 person’s bed got a lot of ants LOL
- need to change bunk ( I think is from a packet drink this morning)
- zhonghong helping him
2302hrs/ bunk/ PT Kit/ lights out
- now is super dark
- tmr will be a better day!
- hope on stage did well today.
- =D
Day 2 rating 3/5 improved!
Ok I shall end my blog post here for now..
Next 2 days I post some other time.. LOL
Stil got like 18 pages..
Regards!
aaron[4]
Affirmation ceremony, 05042008
We are going to impress like never before!~
Underwear cheer (random)
We no money we don’t care
We buy cheap cheap underwear
If it tears, I don’t care
I just buy another pair
Underwear
Everywhere
Underwear
I don’t care
Endured till
10:45 PM
